|Carol Alt Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 1, 1960|
Carol Alt is an American actress, author, entrepreneur, host, fitness enthusiast, and a well-distinguished supermodel who claimed her fame after being featured on the 1982 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. During the ’80s, Carol was also featured on an astounding 500 and more magazine covers, including highly regarded magazines like Vogue, Mademoiselle, Elle, and Cosmopolitan. Besides that, she has also appeared in commercials for several brands such as Diet Pepsi, General Motors, Cover Girl Cosmetics, Noxzema, Hanes, and Givenchy. Carol is also noted for hosting the segment “A Healthy You & Carol Alt” on Fox News from 2013 to 2015.
Nevertheless, Carol is also known for her predominant appearance in Italian and American cinema for more than 2 decades. Some of her most notable roles were in the film Private Parts (1997), Deadly Past (1995), and To Rome with Love (2012). She has also been credited for her appearance in various shows like Bride of Violence (1990), Thunder in Paradise (1994), Amazon (1999-2000), Piper – La serie (2009), and Carol Alt’s Living Room. Over time, Carol has also garnered a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Twitter, more than 150k followers on Instagram, and more than 130k followers on Facebook.
Carol Ann Alt
Flushing, Queens, New York City, New York, United States
Carol attended The Wheatley School, before enrolling herself at the Hofstra University, Long Island after receiving an ROTC Scholarship. However, after having achieved huge success, Carol decided to drop out and focus solely on her modeling career.
Actress, Supermodel, Entrepreneur, Author, Host, Fitness Enthusiast
- Father – Anthony Alt (Fire Chief, Reserve Colonel)
- Mother – Muriel Alt (Airline Employee, Model)
- Siblings – Karen Alt Roos (Younger Sister), Christine Alt (Younger Sister) (Plus-Size Model), Tony Alt (Brother)
- Others – Antone Alt (Paternal Grandfather), Frederick Alt (Paternal Great Grandfather), Anna Volkert (Paternal Great Grandmother), Lillian Kellaway (Paternal Grandmother), William H. Kellaway (Paternal Great Grandfather), Mary E. McLean (Paternal Great Grandmother), William M. Kelleway (Paternal Great Great Grandfather), Levina (Paternal Great Great Grandmother), William Burmester (Maternal Grandfather), William Burmester (Maternal Great Grandfather), Elizabeth Sierp (Maternal Great Grandmother), Helen A. Hons (Maternal Grandmother), Fred Hons (Maternal Great Grandfather), Mona Weber (Maternal Great Grandmother), Monica Anne Alt (Niece), Michaela-Jane Alt (Niece), Anthony Ted Alt (Nephew)
Carol is represented by Lizzie Grubman of GrubmanPR.com.
As an actress, she is managed by Soli & Associati s.r.l.
As a model, she is represented by –
- The Model CoOp – New York
- d’management Group – Milan
She was previously represented by Elite Model Management (Mother Agency).
Dig It International
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
At the age of 19, she was 5 ft 8 in or 173 cm.
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
At the age of 19, she weighed 75 kg or 165.5 lbs.
Boyfriend / Spouse
Carol has dated –
- Carol started dating a boy who served in the United States Military Academy when she was 13 years old. The two shared a wonderous amount of years until she was 18 years. After that, he decided to break up with her.
- Paolo Pazzaglia – In the past, Carol was said to have been dating a man by the name of Paolo Pazzaglia. However, not much evidence is there to support the assumptions.
- Ron Greschner (1983-1996) – Carol and former New York Rangers defenseman Ron Greschner got married to one another in 1983. Their wedding took place at the St. Aidan’s Roman Catholic Church, in Williston Park, Long Island, New York. However, their happy-go-lucky relationship did not last forever. The couple legally parted ways in 1996. In a statement with Sports Illustrated in 2001, she told them “he wanted children, and I wasn’t ready.” However, in the papers that she submitted to the court, Carol declared that she could not conceive due to a case of cervical and uterine cancer. She also added, they had come to a mutual decision of splitting as Ron wanted to father children very much and she also wanted him to be happy.
- Ayrton Senna (1990-1994) – Brazilian race car driver Ayrton Senna and Carol started dating one another the same evening they met at a Gianni Versace fashion show in 1990. In an interview, Carol stated that she had fallen head-over-heels when she saw him for the first time. She was “married at the time and he had been in a relationship with a girl” at the time. Carol also mentioned that they would call one another very often and met whenever they could. The couple had wanted to go public about their relationship. However, it all came to an end when Carol, received a call from a friend of hers, who informed her of Ayrton’s death on May 1, 1994. Ayrton had died after his car crashed into the concrete wall while he was piloting the San Marino Grand Prix at the “Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari” in Italy. Till this date, Carol still uploads pictures in memory of him to her Instagram and has never been able to get over the loss of her love.
- Warren Beatty (1990) – Actor Warren Beatty and Carol were said to have had a short fling with one another in 1990.
- Alexei Valeryevich Yashin (2000-2018) – Former Russian ice hockey player Alexei Valeryevich Yashin and Carol started dating one another in the year 2000. Ever since then, the two had led a happy life. In 2016, the couple was said to have decided to tie the knot with one another that year. However, it seems as though, the duo had parted ways in 2018, as they have not been seen together since then.
Race / Ethnicity
Carol is of quarter Irish, Belgian, and 75% German descent.
- Beautiful eyes
- Tall and lean physique
- Wide smile
- Chiseled jawline
9.5 (US) or 40 (EU) or 7 (UK)
Carol has done endorsement work several brands such as Aqua Fine, ‘Amaretto di Saronno’ fragrance, Butterick, Coty, Cover Girl, Gandini Tessuti, General Motors, Hanes, Lancome, Louis Féraud, Monet, Noxzema, PepsiCo, Persol, ‘Royal Copenhagen’ Cologne by Saks Fifth Avenue, Schrank Pelze, Valentino, Virginia Slims, Giorgio Grati, Givenchy, and many more.
Best Known For
- Being featured on the cover of various reputable magazines including Jez Magazine, Galore Mag, Amica, Marie Claire, Elle, Vogue, Madame Figaro, Mademoiselle, The New York Times, Cosmopolitan, Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, Harper’s Bazaar, People, and Playboy
- Appearing in ad campaigns for several brands such as PepsiCo, Givenchy, General Motors, Saks Fifth Avenue, Cover Girl, and Coty
- Being the face of several brands including Lancôme, Louis Feraud Fashions, Albert Nippon Fashions, and Valentino
As a Singer
Carol also dabbled in singing for a short while and released her debut single titled As One In The World in 1995. The song was released in Italy.
First Fashion Show
She made her debut at the Haute Couture – Autumn/Winter 1995 fashion show. She had walked for Christian Dior.
Carol made her debut feature film appearance as an “Elite Model” in director Robert Guralnick’s Portfolio in 1983.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as ‘Herself’ on Late Night with David Letterman in 1984.
As a voice actress, Carol made her TV show debut as Marci in King of the Hill in 1998.
Carol does workout and mostly focuses on keeping the extra fat off her already lean and well-toned physique.
In her younger days, she had committed herself to do aerobics on a daily basis. She was also featured in Cosmopolitan‘s “Optibobody” workout video. She would also take a 45-minute toning class, ride a bicycle around town, and used to lift lightweights.
Carol has followed many strict diet routines in the past, to stay in the competition. There was also a time in Carol’s life when she only ate the chef’s salad for 3 whole months to lose 30-pounds. However, this made her feel very weak and also led to several problems. That is when she decided to try rawism and it worked wonders for her. In an interview with Allure, Carol stated that she would eat pig meat when she started off. The diet even inspired her to write 5 books based on the health and weight loss benefits of rawism.
When she’s eating out, Carol prefers to eat a healthy meal first before diving into junk food like pizzas. The meal she eats first makes her feel full, hence killing her pizza craving. However, she does not hold back at times and does eat a slice or two.
What she normally consumes in the morning is milk mixed with kefir and granola by Go Raw. Her mid-day meal usually consists of a large bowl of salads that include carrots, avocado, and olives. The last meal of the day for Carol is either a tartare, carpaccio and salad or a seared steak (Brown and blue). If she is to attend a late-night event, she prefers to eat raw-milk cheese and raw crackers.
As of 2011, Carol had been following a completely vegetarian diet.
She swears by one premise, “the more you moisturize it, the better it looks.” She applies cream to her face at least 3 to 4 times a day and also drinks plenty of water. On a day when she’s free, Carol prefers to apply a honey and almond scrub while steaming her face. She then follows it, with a yogurt mask.
To take care of lustrous hair, Carol uses Soignée or Dr. Robert Young’s Head pHirst Shampoo.
Carol Alt Favorite Things
- Restaurant To Eat Raw Food At – Quintessence
- Beauty Products – Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Dr. Robert Young’s Head pHirst Shampoo, RMS Beauty
Source – Allure, IMDb
Carol Alt Facts
- She was raised as the third of 4 children in East Williston, New York.
- Carol was in her freshman year at Hofstra University when she was discovered by a photographer while waiting tables. She had been pursuing a degree in law at the time.
- At the age of 18, Carol decided to give modeling a try in an effort to gather some money for college. She took up the job in an effort to stay away from a boy who had broken up with her previously.
- She landed her first job as a model for Harper’s Bazaar in 1979. The same year, she was also featured in Vogue US and chosen as the worldwide face for Lancôme.
- In 1980, she made her debut cover appearance with Harper’s Bazaar Italy.
- She gained her nickname “The Face” from Life Magazine. In 1980, they also tagged her as their “The Next Million Dollar Face!”
- She was close friends with legendary Brazilian race car driver Ayrton Senna.
- Carol became the first high-end model to walk the ramp in 1981.
- In the past, she was given the “Model Of The Year” award by the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- Despite having attained much success, it wasn’t until she was featured on the cover of the 1982 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue and the SI winter issue.
- Carol was the first of the new generation models to have her own poster and calendar.
- Over the years, Carol has published a number of books on raw food diet plans. Some of them are, The Raw 50: 10 Amazing Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Drinks for Your Raw Food Li (2007) and Eating in the Raw: A Beginner’s Guide to Getting Slimmer, Feeling Healthier, and Looking Younger the Raw-Food Way (2004).
- After her successful modeling stint, Carol took up acting during the late ’80s. According to sources, she has appeared in more than 45 European films.
- In 2015, she was ranked at #5th place on askmen.com‘s “Top 10 Models of All Time” list.
- Besides acting and modeling, Carol dabbled in a number of other professions such as working as a consultant for Le Mirador and hosting the show A Healthy You & Carol Alt on Fox News from 2013 to 2015.
- Until 2019, she had been featured on the cover of Mademoiselle 11 times.
- Carol loves spending her free time going horse riding, singing, playing golf, and basketball. She is also a trained race car driver who enjoys driving them at charity events.
- In the past, she was titled as “The most beautiful woman in the world” by Playboy Magazine.
- Carol was chosen as the Grand Marshal for the German-American Steuben Parade in 2006.
- Her father late Anthony Alt served as a US Army Reserve Colonel and also worked as the New York City Fire Chief, whereas her mother Muriel was a former model.
- In 2008, President Donald Trump stood in support of her charity “Tony Alt Memorial Foundation” on NBC’s The Celebrity Apprentice. The foundation was built to help young children complete their education. After being chosen as a finalist, she raised $40,000 for the charity.
- She founded the skin-care and beauty product brand Raw Essentials in 2008.
- In 2013, she began hosting the show A Healthy You & Carol Alt on Fox News. However, the segment was removed in early 2015.
- Carol was inducted in the Ride of Fame in October 2013.
- Due to her extreme diet conditions in the past, Carol had developed long-term diseases like anemia and hypoglycemia.
- She is obsessed with Irish coffee.
- In the past, she had been diagnosed with uterine cancer.
- Until 2019, Carol was featured on the covers of magazines more than 700 times.
- Carol once drove a Ferrari at 185 miles per hour.
- During her modeling stint, there had come a point when she had to rely solely on the kick that she would get from her Irish coffee each morning to get that boost of energy to go about her daily routine.
- Visit her official website @ carolalt.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image By MiamiFilmFestival / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0