|Elizabeth Berkley Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 28, 1972|
Elizabeth Berkley is an American actress, TV personality, and author who is best known for being cast as Jessie Spano in Saved by the Bell (1989-1992). She is also noted for portraying the lead character Nomi Malone in Showgirls (1995). Elizabeth has also given her heart out to aid animal rights and vegetarianism. She had also made headlines after ganging up with screenwriter Roger Wilson to file a lawsuit of $45 million for encouraged assault against veteran actor Leonardo DiCaprio in 2000. Elizabeth has a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Twitter and 300k followers on Instagram.
Farmington Hills, Michigan, United States
Elizabeth studied at Warner Middle School. She also studied at Cranbrook Kingswood School, Michigan.
Later, in 1990, Elizabeth graduated from North Farmington High School. After that, she graduated with a degree in English Literature from the University of California, Los Angeles.
She also attended dance classes in New York under the careful guidance of several dancers and choreographers.
Actress, Television Personality, Author, Activist
- Father – Fred Berkley (Lawyer)
- Mother – Jere Berkley (Gift Basket Entrepreneur)
- Siblings – Jason Berkley (Older Brother)
- Others – Benjamin R. Berkley (Paternal Grandfather), Celia Forman (Paternal Grandmother), Adolph Gottfurcht (Maternal Grandfather), Ruth Levitt (Maternal Grandmother)
Elizabeth is represented by manager Adam Griffin and Innovative Artists Talent & Literary Agency, Inc.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Elizabeth has dated –
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (1989) – In January 2019, actor Mark-Paul Gosselaar admitted to having secretly been dating his co-star Elizabeth in 1989.
- Greg Lauren (2000-Present) – Elizabeth and professional actor and painter Greg Lauren met each other at a dance class in the year 2000. The couple dated for almost 2 years before finally making the decision to tie the knot on November 1, 2003. Their wedding took place at the amazing Esperanza Hotel in Cabo San Lucas. Almost 9 years after their marriage, Elizabeth and Greg had their first child, a boy named Sky Cole Lauren (b. July 20, 2012).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Russian Jewish, Polish Jewish, and Austrian Jewish ancestry.
The color of her right eye is split between half green and half brown, whereas, her left eye is all green.
Her right eye is colored brown and green and her left eye is green in color.
- In 1991, Elizabeth appeared in a commercial titled for PETA titled Lettuce Be Lean.
- In 2002, she appeared in an advertisement for Winsor Pilates.
Best Known For
- Starring in popular shows like Saved by the Bell (1989-1992) and Baywatch (1992)
- Being cast in films such as The Curse of the Jade Scorpion (2001), Any Given Sunday (1999), and Showgirls (1995)
Elizabeth made her theatrical film debut as Kimberly Sweeny in Molly & Gina in 1994.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance on Gimme a Break! in 1986.
Since an early age, Elizabeth had always shown an interest in dancing which is an amazing cardio exercise that assists in burning fat while having fun and without getting exhausted.
For her diet, she prefers to follow a strictly vegetarian diet which also helps to keep her skin glowing and glamorous.
Elizabeth Berkley Favorite Things
- Spots To Stay In Miami – Delano, Mandarin Oriental
Source – UrbanDaddy.com
Elizabeth Berkley Facts
- She was raised in a household of conservative Judaism.
- She was 12 years old when the Jewish ritual of Bat Mitzvah was performed on her.
- Elizabeth birth came with a rare diagnosis called the heterochromia. This causes a difference in coloration in the eye.
- She was quite young when she started to take an interest in dance and would often practice either in her bedroom or at the basement of her house. However, after starring on Showgirls (1995), she gave up dancing in order to be able to focus on her work.
- In the past, she was denied the lead role in Annie (1982) because she was too tall.
- Growing up, she was bullied due to a mole that she has on her forehead. However, now she covers it makeup making it barely visible.
- In 1997, she wore a gown made from the vegetable collard to support the PETA campaign on vegetarianism. In 2008, she was included in a poll for the “Sexiest Vegetarian of the Year” by PETA. She was again selected the following year as well.
- After having been trained in ballet, she starred in Russian composer Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky’s Swan Lake along with many other musical performances.
- Prior to starting off her career as an actress, she worked as a model and was signed to Elite Model Management.
- In the year 2000, Elizabeth and screenwriter Roger Wilson formed an alliance to file a case of $45 million against actor Leonardo DiCaprio for having encouraged his friends to start a street fight with Roger.
- In 2006, her husband Greg Lauren started a self-assistance website called Ask-Elizabeth for teenage girls who wanted advice based on the trouble they faced in the past. Later, she started a show under the same title that was featured on MTV.
- In 2011, Elizabeth published her book Ask-Elizabeth which was based on the things that she had learned through the workshop and programs that she had conducted in the past.
- After starring in the adult-rated controversial film Showgirls in 1995, she received a lot of negativity from agents and critics. Following the film, her agent at the time left her and many other agents did not want to work with her. However, the film was categorized in Entertainment Weekly‘s “Top 50 Cult Movies”.
- She had once been criticized by The New York Times‘s theatre critic Charles Isherwood who later apologized to her after seeing her flawless acting in Hurlyburly.
- In the past, she hosted Bravo’s Step It Up and Dance.
- Her husband Greg Lauren is the nephew of designer Ralph Lauren.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Elizabeth Berkley / Instagram