|Halle Berry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||August 14, 1966|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Halle Berry is an award-winning American actress, voiceover artist, former model, producer, and director who gained critical acclaim with her performance as Leticia Musgrove in Monster’s Ball, a role for which she won the Academy Award for “Best Actress”. In addition to that, she is also known for her on-screen performances in Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, Cloud Atlas, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Frankie & Alice, Die Another Day, The Call, Jungle Fever, X-Men: Days of Future Past, and Things We Lost in the Fire.
Maria Halle Berry
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Hollywood Hills, Los Angeles, California, United States
She graduated from Bedford High School in Bedford, Ohio. Berry then went to Cuyahoga Community College in Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
Actress, Former Model, Voiceover Artist, Producer, Director
- Father – Jerome Jesse Berry (Hospital Attendant; later he became a bus driver)
- Mother – Judith Ann (née Hawkins) (Psychiatric Nurse)
- Siblings – Heidi Berry-Henderson (Older Sister)
- Others – Robert Berry (Paternal Grandfather), Cora Lee Powell (Paternal Grandmother), Earl Ellsworth Hawkins (Maternal Grandfather), Nellie Dicken (Maternal Grandmother)
She is signed to Vincent Cirrincione Talent Management.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
55 kg or 121 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Halle Berry has dated –
- Heavy D – She dated Jamaican-born late American rapper, record producer, singer, and actor, Heavy D, in the past.
- 50 Cent
- LaShawn Boyd (1983-1984)
- Kevin Costner (1989) – Halle reportedly dated actor Kevin Costner in 1989.
- Danny Wood (1989) – Halle was dating singer Danny Wood, of the New Kids on the Block fame, in 1989.
- John Ronan (1989-1991) – In March 1989, she started going out with dentist John Ronan. However, their romance came to an end in October 1991. He later sued her in November 1993 for $80,000 in what he claimed were unpaid loans to help launch her career.
- Wesley Snipes (1989-1990) – In August 1989, actors Wesley Snipes and Halle Berry were romantically linked with each other after they worked together in Spike Lee’s “Jungle Fever”. But, this relationship saw an end in February 1990 after Wesley was blamed for physically abusing the actress.
- Eddie Murphy (1991-1992) – She started dating actor, comedian, and singer, Eddie Murphy, in August 1991 but they eventually broke up in March 1992.
- Christopher Williams (1991-1992) – She also had an affair with singer-songwriter and actor Christopher Williams between 1991 and 1992.
- David Justice (1992-1997) – In April 1992, Halle started dating baseball player, David Justice. Soon on December 31, 1992, the duo married each other. They remained happily married for more than 3 years and separated in 1996. On June 24, 1997, their divorce was finalized.
- Shemar Moore (1997-1998) – She dated actor Shemar Moore for a couple of months from 1997 to 1998.
- Eric Benét (1999-2005) – After separating from Moore, Halle commenced dating singer Eric Benét in 1999. On August 14, 1997, the duo engaged each other. The couple married on January 24, 2001. The marriage didn’t go far and they split in September 2003. The divorce was finalized on January 3, 2005.
- Billy Bob Thornton (2000) – She had a fling with actor Billy Bob Thornton in 2000 and the duo has also worked together in the 2001 romantic drama, Monster’s Ball.
- Fred Durst (2003) – She was RUMORed to have had a fling with musician Fred Durst in October 2003.
- Steve Jones (2003) – In November 2003, Berry was RUMORed to have had an encounter with Welsh talk show host, Steve Jones.
- Michael Ealy (2004-2005) – From July 2004 to October 2005, she was romantically linked to another actor Michael Ealy.
- Gabriel Aubry (2005-2010) – This time, she started dating Canadian model Gabriel Aubry in December 2005. However, they met a month before, in November 2005 during a Versace photoshoot. The couple separated in April 2010. During this time, Halle gave birth to the couple’s daughter Nahla Ariela (born – March 16, 2008).
- Olivier Martinez (2010-2016) – French actor Olivier Martinez and Halle Berry became an item in August 2010. They met during the filming of Dark Tide in South Africa. In January 2012, the couple engaged with each other. The very next year, on July 13, 2013, Olivier and Halle married in France. They have a son together, named Maceo-Robert (born – October 5, 2013). This was Halle’s second child. They separated in 2016.
- Alex da Kid (2017) – British record producer, Alex da Kid and Halle dated for a couple of months towards the second half of 2017.
- Van Hunt (2020-Present) – In September 2020, Halle confirmed via Instagram that she was dating singer Van Hunt. On January 2, 2022, she confirmed that she was not married to Van Hunt.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Irish, Dutch, and German ancestry on her mother’s side while she is of African American descent on her father’s side.
- Mixed ethnicity
- Short hair
36-26-37 in or 91.5-66-94 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
She has appeared in several television commercials –
- M&Ms Candy (1999)
- Revlon (2001-2003)
- Pepsi-Cola Twist (2001-2002)
- TNN’s “James Bond for the 21st Century” (with Pierce Brosnan) (2002)
- Martin Luther King Memorial Project (2003)
- Deichmann, Germany (2012)
She has also appeared in Revlon’s print ads for various products.
Other print ads include that of Versace (2006), and Army Air Force Exchange Service (2004).
In February 2022, Halle was seen in the Caesars Sportsbook’s “Super Bowl” commercial along with JB Smoove, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, Archie Manning, and Cooper Manning.
Best Known For
Playing Patience Phillips / Catwoman in the superhero film Catwoman (2004), as Giacinta ‘Jinx’ Johnson in Die Another Day (2002), as Ororo Munroe / Storm in X-Men film series (2000, 2003, 2006, 2014), as Zola Taylor in Why Do Fools Fall in Love (1998).
Berry appeared in the 1991 drama film Jungle Fever for her role as Vivian.
First TV Show
In 1989, Halle played the role of Emily Franklin in the situation comedy Living Dolls. She appeared in a total of 13 episodes.
She is a follower of Harley Pasternak’s 5 Factor Diet, according to which she eats 5 meals a day after regular intervals.
She also follows the 3-2-1 workout method and executes exercises for 25 minutes a day. Check out her workout routine and diet plan.
Halle Berry Favorite Things
- Food – Grilled tuna teamed with garlic mashed potatoes
- Actresses – Dorothy Dandridge, Jodie Foster, Whoopi Goldberg
Source – IMDb
Halle Berry Facts
- Berry’s name was changed from “Maria Halle Berry” to “Halle Maria Berry” legally at the age of five.
- She got her name “Halle” from Halle’s Department Store, which was situated at her birthplace.
- She is a type 2 diabetic.
- Halle was titled “Miss Ohio USA” in 1986, and “Miss Teen All American” in the year 1985.
- Halle has two dogs named Polly and Willy.
- Her parents separated when she was four years old. And, so Halle and her sister were raised by her mom.
- She was a cheerleader in her high school.
- Halle has worked at Higbee’s Department store previously.
- In 2003, she was placed #1 on People’s list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World”.
- She prefers massage over facial.
- She likes to watch comedy movies rather than drama.
- Halle likes to purchase shoes (if compared to bags). She has 100s of shoes and Halle keeps them out of the box at the display so that she does not forget that she owns them.
- She voiced the role of Patience Phillips / Catwoman in the 2004 video game “Catwoman: The Video Game”.
- In February 2021, during an episode of her Instagram Live show, Bad & Booshy, she revealed that her first kiss was with a girl.
- In August 2021, Halle revealed that she had broken 2 of her ribs on the first day of filming the MMA movie, Bruised.
- She made her directorial debut with the film Bruised in which she played the role of an MMA fighter Jackie Justice.
- To prepare for the role of MMA fighter Jackie Justice in Bruised, Halle had trained for 3 years in a variety of fighting styles including Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Tae Kwon Do, Muay Thai, and wrestling.
- In November 2021, Halle signed a new deal with Netflix. According to the deal, she would produce and star in multiple films for the platform.
- In December 2021, Halle was honored with the “The People’s Icon” award at the 2021 People’s Choice Awards.
- During the 2022 Critics Choice Awards, Halle was honored with the “SeeHer Award”.
- During Variety’s Awards Circuit Podcast in January 2022, Halle expressed her desire to work with Zendaya as her onscreen mother.