|Jessica Chastain Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||March 24, 1977|
Jessica Chastain is an American actor, producer, and voice artist who made her debut by playing the titular character in the drama film Jolene in 2008, a performance for which she was awarded as the “Best Actress” at the Seattle International Film Festival. She has also gained acclaim with her roles like Celia Foote in the period drama film The Help, Maya in the thriller film Zero Dark Thirty, Eleanor Rigby in the drama film The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, Antonina Żabińska in the war drama film The Zookeeper’s Wife, Caroline Weldon in the biographical drama Western film Woman Walks Ahead, Beverly Marsh in the supernatural horror film It Chapter Two, Elizabeth Sloane in the political thriller film Miss Sloane, Murphy “Murph” Cooper in the epic sci-fi film Interstellar, Mrs. O’Brien in the epic experimental drama film The Tree of Life, Melissa Lewis in the science fiction film The Martian, Molly Bloom in the biographical crime drama film Molly’s Game, and Anna Morales in the crime drama film A Most Violent Year. Moreover, she has received various accolades for her work which include a Golden Globe Award and nominations for two Academy Awards.
Jessica Michelle Chastain
Sacramento, California, United States
Chastain attended and graduated from El Camino High School in Sacramento in 1995. Later, she enrolled herself in Sacramento City College. From 1996 to 1997, she served as a member of the debate team in the college. Afterward, she got a scholarship from Robin Williams (stand-up comedian, actor, and voice actor), which made it possible to attend the Juilliard School, New York City from 1999 until 2003. She graduated from it with a Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) degree in 2003. Chastain attended Juilliard School as a member of the Drama Division’s Group 32.
Actress (Theatre, Film, Television), Producer, Voice Artist
- Father – Michael Monasterio (Aspiring Rocker) (Died of complications from bronchitis on February 5, 2013. He was aged 55 at the time of death)
- Mother – Jerri Chastain (Vegan chef)
- Siblings – Juliet Chastain (Younger Sister) (Died by committing suicide)
- Others – Gary Douglas Chastain (Maternal Grandfather), Marilyn Schoonover (Maternal Grandmother), Michael Hastey (Step-father) (a fireman), Nicole Monasterio (Half-Sister), Laci Smoot (Half-Sister)
Jessica is no longer in contact with her half-sisters, who are estranged from Jessica Chastain.
Jessica Chastain has been signed with –
- Mosaic, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Imprint PR, Public Relations Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, her net worth had been $50 Million.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
56 kg or 123.5 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chastain has dated –
- Édgar Ramírez (2012) – In 2012, during the filming of Zero Dark Thirty (2012), the duo was RUMORed to be dating each other.
- Tom Hiddleston (2012-2013) – English actor, Tom Hiddleston was RUMORed to be dating Jess in 2012. They separated in January 2013.
- Gian Luca Passi De Preposulo (2012-Present) – An Italian-born executive who works for the French fashion house Moncler, Gian Luca Passi De Preposulo started dating Jessica in 2012. They got married on June 10, 2017, in Italy. Jess Weixler, Anne Hathaway, and Emily Blunt were present at Jessica’s wedding. Together, they are parents to 2 daughters – Giuletta Chastain Preposulo (b. 2018) via surrogate and another daughter which they welcomed in 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Jessica Chastain is of French, Dutch, English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and Irish descent on her mother’s side and likely has Basque, Castilian/Spanish, Greek, English, and German roots on her father’s side.
36-25-35 in or 91.5-63.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU) or 4.5 (UK)
She became the face of Yves Saint Laurent’s new women’s fragrance, Manifesto in 2012. She used this spicy Opium perfume at 12 when an aunt gave her a half-used bottle of the scent.
Best Known For
Winning over 35 critic awards and is regarded as a breakout star. She has acted in various films such as Zero Dark Thirty (2012), The Help (2011), Tar (2012).
First Theatre Play
In 2012, she played the role of Catherine Sloper in the play titled “The Heiress”, organized in Walter Kerr Theatre. The Heiress is a 1947 play by American playwrights Ruth and Augustus Goetz adapted from the 1880 Henry James novel, Washington Square.
2008 American drama film, Jolene. She is in the titular character, which means, she had acted in the movie for her role as Jolene.
First TV Show
She appeared in an American medical drama television series, ER for her role as Dahlia Taslitz in 2004. She acted in just a single episode titled “Forgive and Forget”.
She is a vegan and is following a vegetarian diet for many years. She prefers to eat vegan ice cream and has a strict well-calculated diet. Regarding workouts, she follows yoga. Read more about her fitness schedule and dieting habits.
“In the press, I like to be known for my work and not for whom I’m dating or what my favorite ice cream is.”
“I will never say my age because I’m an actress, and I want to play different ages.”
Jessica Chastain Favorite Things
- Movie – The English Patient (1996)
- TV Show – The Sopranos (1999-2007)
- Actor – Ralph Fiennes
Source – IMDb
Jessica Chastain Facts
- She was raised by her mother and stepfather.
- In 2012 and 2013, she attended the Oscar ceremony with her grandmother, Marilyn.
- Jessica was born when her mother Jerri was 16 and her father Michael was 17. Jessica’s sister Juliet was born one and a half years later.
- She refused to attend the memorial of her biological father, Michael after his death at the age of 55 due to complications of bronchitis.
- Jessica has a dog, named Chaplin, which is a three-legged rescue dog.
- She is a vegan now. But, most of her life, she has been a pescatarian.
- Earlier, she was cast for the film Iron Man 3 for the role of Maya Hansen, which was later given to Rebecca Hall.
- She was among the 176 people, who were invited to come to The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) in the year 2012.
- She was included in Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2012.
- In 2013, she was ranked at #76 in AskMen’s “Top 99 Most Desirable Women”.
- She can play the ukulele (a member of the guitar family of instruments).
- Jessica Chastain is often confused to be Bryce Dallas Howard.
- In September 2021, Jessica graced the cover of L’Officiel magazine.
- Jessica was initially offered the role of Rosalyn Rosenfeld in the 2013 crime-drama film, American Hustle. However, she turned it down and the role was later played by Jennifer Lawrence.
- During Oscars 2022, Jessica won the “Best Actress in a Leading Role” award for the film The Eyes of Tammy Faye (2021).
- During the 2022 Screen Actors Guild Awards, Jessica received the award for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role” for her work in The Eyes of Tammy Faye.
- In March 2022, Jessica won the award for “Best Actress” for her role in The Eyes of Tammy Faye at the 2022 Critics Choice Awards.