|Kandi Burruss Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2½ in|
|Date of Birth||May 17, 1976|
College Park, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Kandi Burruss attended Tri-Cities High School, East Point, Georgia. She graduated from high school in 1994.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer, Television Personality, Actress, and Businesswoman
- Father – Rev. Titus Burruss Jr.
- Mother – Joyce Jones
- Siblings – Patrick Riley (Older Brother) (Died in a car crash in 1991)
Kandi is managed by Don Juan of Kandi Koated Entertainment.
All her press-related matters are handled by Tre Media, New York City, USA.
Kandi Koated Entertainment
5 ft 2½ in or 159 cm
62 kg or 136.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Kandi Burruss has dated –
- Russell “Block” Spencer – Kandi and Block dated briefly. Block is a co-owner of the music label Block Entertainment. Kandi ended their relationship after finding out that Block was still dating his other kid’s mother. But, by then, Kandi was already pregnant with daughter Riley Burruss (b. August 22, 2002).
- Jermaine Dupri – During her appearance on The Wendy Williams Show, Kandi confirmed that she had a fling with the American rapper and record producer Jermaine Dupri in the past.
- Ashley “A.J.” Jewell (2008-2009) – Kandi dated AJ in late 2008. AJ also starred in Real Housewives of Atlanta, as Kandi’s fiancé. The engagement did not last long and they were soon separated. Adding further tragedy to Kandi’s life, AJ was killed after he endured a severe head injury during an altercation at a parking lot outside a strip club, in Atlanta on October 22, 2009.
- Todd Tucker (2011–Present) – Kandi met producer and actor Todd Tucker on the sets of The Real Housewives of Atlanta in 2011 and soon, their relationship began to bloom. On April 4, 2014, the couple got married in Atlanta. After 2 years, they were blessed with a son, Ace Wells Tucker (b. January 6, 2016). Besides their son Ace, Kandi and husband Todd have daughters, Kaela Tucker and Riley Burruss from their previous relationships, who live with them.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African-American ancestry.
- Arched eyebrows
- High forehead
Kandi Burruss has appeared in the Bravo TV commercial.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the female R&B, vocal quartet group Xscape. Their debut album Hummin’ Comin’ at ‘Cha managed to reach #17 at the U.S. Billboard 200 and #3 on the Top R&B Albums chart.
- Her role in The Real Housewives of Atlanta. She joined the production in the 2nd season.
On October 12, 1993, her R&B group Xscape released their debut album Hummin’ Comin’ at ‘Cha. The album was certified ‘Platinum’ the following year.
On September 19, 2000, Kandi released her first solo album named Hey Kandi…
She made her theatrical film debut as Roxanne in the 2008 drama movie Make It Rain.
First TV Show
In 1993, Kandi made her first television show appearance on Soul Train.
After the birth of her son Ace in January 2016, Kandi managed to snap back to shape by following the ‘prayer fast’ method and breastfeeding. Kandi counts the month of January as her sort-of-fasting month. During this time, she does not indulge in any drinks apart from water; neither desserts nor sugary products.
Apart from that, Kandi has also followed the Dramatic Weight Loss (DWL) program in the past that requires drinking protein shakes paired with vitamin supplements and appetite suppressants for as long as possible.
Kandi Burruss Facts
- She won a Grammy Award for Best R&B Songwriting, for the hit TLC song “No Scrubs”.
- Kandi has worked and written songs for many iconic stars like TLC, Destiny’s Child, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston, and many more.
- In 2000, Kandi became the first woman to win the ASCAP “Songwriter of the Year” and the “Living Legend” award.
- As a member of Xscape, 2 more albums were released after Hummin’ Comin’ at ‘Cha, titled Off the Hook (released on July 18, 1995) and Traces of My Lipstick (released on May 12, 1998). Their last album, Unchained was not released.
- Kandi also owns Raising Ace that creates high-quality unisex baby and children’s products. A percentage of its earnings are contributed to non-profit organizations that support single parents, parents struggling to get by, and organizations that promote parenting education.
- In 2009, Kandi opened her range of clothing store, Tags Boutique in Atlanta.
- In 2011, Kandi launched Bedroom Kandi, an affordable range of luxury s*x toys and products.
- Kandi and her husband Todd also own a southern cuisine eatery, “The Old Lady Gang” named in honor of Kandi’s mother Joyce and aunts Bertha and Nora.
Featured Image by Kandi Burruss / Instagram