|Lauren Froderman Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1991|
Lauren Froderman is an American dancer, choreographer, and actress, best known for winning the 7th season of So You Think You Can Dance in 2010, amidst very strong competition. Her specialty as a dancer is contemporary, ballet, tap, hip-hop, jazz, and lyrical. She was a dancer for Big Time Rush, Blake McGrath, Radio City Rockettes, and others. Lauren also appeared in a plethora of music videos, television and live shows, and was a woman dance athlete for G Series Fit Line as well as the first dance athlete for Gatorade. As an actress, she had notable performances in one episode of Glee (2009-2015) in 2011, as well as AFTER Episode I: Lucy (VR Experience) TV movie in 2017, as Lucy. Lauren also starred in Debunkers, Inc. in 2017 as Nina Galanosa, but the movie didn’t pick up a lot of praise and recognition.
Frodie, LoFro, Lo, Laurie, Lauren Rose
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She went to Greenway High School in Phoenix, Arizona, United States, and graduated in 2010.
She also attended Bender Performing Arts School in Phoenix, Arizona, United States.
Lauren then attended Loyola Marymount University in California, United States, and graduated in 2015. During that part of her education, she was a part of the California Nu chapter of Pi Beta Phi women’s fraternity.
Dancer, Actress, Model
Lauren is represented by McDonald Selznick Associates (MSA), located in Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Lauren has dated –
- Dominic Sandoval (2011-2015) – She dated the dancer known as D-Trix for nearly four years, since early 2011. In 2015, they went their separate ways.
- Matt Thompson (2016-Present) – She didn’t share a lot about her boyfriend Matt Thompson in her vlogs, but she traveled to Sydney, Australia with him in June and July 2017. He also directed two of her choreographies for the YouTube channel, Bad Liar by Selena Gomez, and Shy by Leon Bridges.
Race / Ethnicity
She has American roots.
Light Brown (Natural)
Blonde, Cyan, Pink, Green, Grey, Purple, Dark Brown, Black (Dyed)
- Striking baby blue eyes
- Often changes hair color and haircut
- Athletic physique
She has endorsed brands such as Gatorade and G Series Fit Line.
Best Known For
- Winning the 7th season of So You Think You Can Dance in 2010
- Having a YouTube Channel named L. Froderman where she posted vlogs about her life until the end of 2017
- Being a dancer, choreographer, and actress, as well as the first official women athlete for Gatorade
Lauren first appeared in a family movie Debunkers, Inc. in 2017 as Nina Galanosa.
First TV Show
She made her TV show debut as a contestant on the reality TV competition So You Think You Can Dance in 2010.
It is evident from the video content she posts that Lauren works hard on preparing for the dance choreography. She goes to the gym and practices freestyle dancing, and does yoga and stretches regularly to prevent injuries.
Lauren had a personal trainer during the beginning of her dancing career – Donald Dadley, who was the Scottsdale School of Ballet owner, and continued to work out alone, or along with friends she met during dancing competitions.
Lauren Froderman Favorite Things
- Activity – Yoga, Dancing, Hiking, Roller-Blading, Reading, Traveling
- Drink – Coffee
- Foods – Avocado, Brussel Sprout, Chicken Salad
- Salad Dressing – Hot Sauce
- Clothing Pattern – Black, Floral
- M&M Flavor – Peanut Butter M&Ms
- Character In Star Wars – Han Solo
- Turn On – Intelligence, Arms, Humor
- Turn Off – Arrogance, Insecurity, Obsession With Appearance
- Disney Movies – The Lion King, Lilo & Stitch, Beauty and the Beast, Alice in Wonderland
- Disney Heroine – Lilo from Lilo & Stitch
- Album By Drake – Nothing Was The Same
- Song By Drake – Hotline Bling
Source – YouTube, YouTube
Lauren Froderman Facts
- Lauren has a few tattoo ideas floating around her head before she gets them done. She’d like to have her body art finished by the time she’s 30 years old.
- She has multiple tattoos. One is on her right thigh and others are on the right foot, as well as the right hip and back.
- Her dog’s name was “Princess Kalli Gismo” because she named her when she was 10 years old. As of late 2016, she had 13 pets throughout her life.
- She started dancing when she was only 3 years old.
- When she was 10, Lauren performed with Phoenix Rockettes, a well-known dancing group.
- Her name was supposed to be “Melanie Parker,” but her dad changed it at the last minute. She sometimes wished to change it back, as she hated being called Lauren.
- She played badminton in high school but was bad at it.
- Lauren had her nose pierced, but after a week it got badly infected and piercing had to be taken out.
- She has a fully prepared bag of camping supplies and essentials so that she can go on trips at the last minute as she’s spontaneous.
- She believed eyeglass frames are like shoes – you should change them for different moods, situations, and occasions.
- She believes in Aliens.
- Her first celebrity crush was the rapper Nelly, and during the Star Wars franchise popularity, she had a crush on Harrison Ford.
- Growing up, she never felt like she had real friends, even though she really wanted to have her ‘girl group’ inspired by Sex and the City (1998-2004) TV series she watched.
- Her only fear is losing her identity.
- She had walking pneumonia, a mild case of lung condition caused by bacteria. She ran a mile during a physical education class while she was ill, as she’s very competitive with herself.
- Lauren believes in destiny – that nothing is random, and everything has a purpose.
- She’s a self-proclaimed nerd and doesn’t think she’s sexy, as she doubts herself all the time.
- She doesn’t like hoverboards nor air boards.
- Between pizza and Wi-Fi, she chooses the latter.
- Her parents were supportive of her dancing from an early age.
- Her Disney obsession started at a very early age, as she went to Disneyworld in Anaheim, California, the United States with her parents very often.
- Lauren used coloring books as therapeutic and artistic relief.
- Visit her official website @ www.lroseweb.blog.
Featured Image by Lauren Froderman / Instagram