|Melina Aslanidou Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||August 28, 1974|
Melina Aslanidou is a Greek singer, musician, and TV personality. The release of her debut album, Mikri Agapi (2002) as part of the band Oi Apenanti, which she was a member of between 2000 and 2002, marked the beginning of her music career. In 2003, Melina released her debut solo album, To Perasma. After the release of her 2nd solo studio album, Paihnidi Einai (2005), she took a 9-year-old hiatus before releasing her 3rd studio album, simply titled Melina. It was closely followed by the release of her 4th and 5th studio albums, Me Fonazoune Me To Mikro Mou (2016) and Ximeroni Kiriaki (2018) respectively.
Stuttgart, Baden-Württemberg, Germany
At the age of 18, Melina moved to Thessaloniki, Greece to attend a college.
Singer, TV Personality, Musician
Éntekhno/Laïko, Pop, World
- Heaven Music
- Panik Records
- SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT (Greece)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Melina Aslanidou has dated –
- Vasilis Mountakis (2017)
- Dimitris Mpasis (2018-Present) – In 2018, Melina began dating a fellow singer, Dimitris Mpasis and the two toured Europe together in 2018 and 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Greek descent.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black,’ ‘Dark Brown,’ ‘Dirty Blonde,’ and ‘Red’ in the past.
As part of Elmira Pilates in Greece, she aided in bringing awareness to cancer on World Breast Cancer Day, October 24, 2019.
Melina Aslanidou Favorite Things
- Quote – “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” – Nelson Mandela
Source – Twitter Bio
Melina Aslanidou Facts
- Early in her life, she moved from Germany to Greece with her parents and grew up in Paralimni of Giannitsa, Pella, Greece.
- She began singing at a young age, as part of the Paralimni Choir.
- Her 1st musical influences were the music of Pontus, Byzantine music, and the Thracian traditional music.
- Melina moved to Athens, Greece in 2002 after she left her band. Not too long after, she met a singer and musician, George Dalaras, who proposed they start cooperating, which resulted in a song named Libra.
- She considers George as her teacher and mentor. Melina also has a deep appreciation for a fellow lyricist, writer, and journalist, Lefteris Papadopoulos, for whom she organized tributes throughout her career.
- She traveled to Australia in 2010 for the 1st time and performed with her mentor George Dalaras and a fellow musician, Mixalis Tzouganakis.
- In 2014, Melina was a judge on the singling reality-TV series, The Voice of Greece.
- In 2019, Melina became a judge on the Greek version of the reality-TV talent competition, X-Factor.
- She has a plush doll of a pink elephant that she sleeps with.
- She is a fan of Frida Kahlo.
- Melina is a fan of tennis and particularly of a fellow Greek tennis player, Stefanos Tsitsipas.
- Melina has a pet dog of Maltese breed.
- She was deeply upset at the news of the death of Lavrentis Macheritsas, one of the best-known Greek singers and composers, in September 2019.
- Melina is an avid yoga practitioner.
Featured Image by Melina Aslanidou / Instagram