|Patrick Stewart Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||July 13, 1940|
Patrick Stewart is an English actor, director, and producer who has had a stellar career spanning more than 6 decades in films, TV, and theater. Best known globally for portraying Captain Jean-Luc Picard in the Star Trek movie and TV franchises and Professor Charles Xavier in the X-Men series of superhero films, he was honored with a star on the ‘Hollywood Walk of Fame’ in 1996. For his services to drama, he was knighted in 2010.
Old Baldy, Beef Stew
Mirfield, Kirklees, West Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
Park Slope, Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Patrick had attended the Crowlees Church of England Junior and InfantsSchool in his hometown of Mirfield. In 1951, he had joined the Mirfield Secondary Modern School to study drama. He had left school at the age of 15 to increase his participation in local theatre. He had later trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Alfred Stewart (Laborer, Postman, Former Officer in the British Army) (d. 1980)
- Mother – Gladys Stewart (née Barrowclough) (Weaver, Textile Worker)
- Siblings – Geoffrey Stewart (Older Brother) (Actor), Trevor Stewart (Older Brother) (Film Editor)
- Others – William Albert Stewart (Paternal Grandfather), Emily Clara Larkins (Paternal Grandmother), Freedom Barrowclough (Maternal Grandfather), Mary Anne Hirst (Maternal Grandmother)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Patrick has dated –
- Sheila Falconer (1965–1990) – Patrick began dating British choreographer Sheila Falconer in 1965 and they got married on March 3, 1966. They have 2 children together – a son named Daniel Stewart (b. 1967) (Actor) and a daughter named Sophie Alexandra Stewart. They got divorced in 1990.
- Wendy Neuss (1994–2003) – He had started dating American TV and film producer Wendy Neuss in 1994 and they got engaged in September 1997. They got married on August 25, 2000, but had parted ways in January 2003.
- Lisa Dillon (2003-2007)
- Meredith Baer (2004)
- Sunny Ozell (2008-Present) – Patrick began dating American singer and songwriter Sunny Ozell in 2008 and they got engaged in March 2013. They got married on September 7, 2013.
Race / Ethnicity
He is primarily of English descent and part Scottish descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Clean-shaven look
- Affable smile
- Strong, authoritative voice
- A wry sense of humor
In 2021, he was seen in Paramount+’s Super Bowl commercial along with Stephen Colbert, Simone Missick, and many more.
Patrick Stewart Facts
- Although Patrick’s parents had not given him a middle name, he had used ‘Hewes’ as his middle name professionally in the 1980s.
- After leaving school in his mid-teens to increase his participation in local theatre, he had worked as a newspaper reporter and obituary writer for the Mirfield & District Reporter. However, a year later, his employer had forced him to choose between acting and journalism, forcing him to leave the job.
- In 1993, the digital media company TV Guide had named him the ‘Best Dramatic TV Actor of the 1980s’.
- A lifelong supporter of the English professional soccer club Huddersfield Town A.F.C., he was made the president of the Huddersfield Town Academy in 2010. He was in attendance at the iconic Wembley Stadium, in 2017, when the club had earned a promotion to the top division of English soccer (The Premier League) for the first time since 1972.
Featured Image by Patrick Stewart / Instagram