|Tom Holland Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||June 1, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Tom Holland is an English actor, dancer, stage actor, voiceover artist, and director who began his acting career by playing the titular role in the Billy Elliot the Musical in the West End from 2008 to 2010. Since then, he has given various critically acclaimed performances in shows and movies which include Lucas Bennett in The Impossible, Peter Parker/Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe superhero films, Thomas Nickerson in In the Heart of the Sea, Arvin Russell in The Devil All the Time, Jack Fawcett in The Lost City of Z, and Gregory Cromwell in Wolf Hall. In 2017, he received the “Rising Star Award” at the British Academy Film Awards, becoming the youngest BAFTA Rising Star recipient.
Thomas Stanley Holland
Kingston-upon-Thames, London, England, United Kingdom
Kingston upon Thames, London, England, United Kingdom
Holland went to an independent preparatory school called Donhead in Wimbledon, London.
Subsequently, until December 2012, Tom went to Wimbledon College. Post that, he attended The BRIT School for Performing Arts and Technology.
Actor, Dancer, Stage Actor, Voiceover Artist, Director
- Father – Dominic Holland (Stand-up comedian, Author)
- Mother – Nicola Elizabeth (née Frost) (Photographer)
- Siblings – Sam Holland (Twin Younger Brother) (Actor), Harry Holland (Twin Younger Brother) (Actor), Patrick Holland (Younger Brother)
- Others – John Charles Anthony Holland (Paternal Grandfather), Teresa Quigley (Paternal Grandmother), Robert Walter Frost (Maternal Grandfather), Christina Winifred Berry (Maternal Grandmother)
Sam and Harry are twins and both of them are three years younger than Tom.
Patrick is 8 years Tom’s junior.
He has been signed to –
- Curtis Brown
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Tom Holland has dated –
- Elle Lotherington (2015) – As per Mirror, Tom has dated a blonde girl named Elle Lotherington in 2015.
- Zendaya Coleman (2016-2018, 2021-Present) – Tom has been romantically linked to Zendaya Coleman. It was during the shoot of Tom’s release Spider-Man: Far From Home. She was his co-star and they were found to be spending most of the time together even when they were not shooting. Both denied the rumors though. In July 2021, Tom and Zendaya again sparked relationship rumors after they were spotted kissing in Tom‘s car while driving around Los Angeles.
- Olivia Bolton (2019-2020) – The news of Tom smitten by Olivia Bolton was all over Twitter in July 2019. His love for her was confirmed by his family members. They were childhood friends and both the families have close ties. They started dating each other in 2019. However, the duo parted ways in April 2020.
- Nadia Parkes (2020) – In May 2020, he started dating actress Nadia Parkes. The couple seemed to have separated by the end of the year. Tom had last uploaded Nadia’s picture on his Instagram in August 2020.
Race / Ethnicity
Tom Holland is of English and Irish descent.
- Messy hair
- Mostly portrays inexperienced and enthusiastic kids
- Strong American accent
Best Known For
- Playing the title role in Billy Elliot the Musical (based on the 2000 film “Billy Elliot”) at the Victoria Palace Theatre, London from 2008 to 2010
- He is also known for playing Lucas Bennett in the 2012 disaster drama film The Impossible, and as Peter Parker / Spider-Man in the 2016 superhero film Captain America: Civil War.
He debuted with the Japanese animated fantasy film Arrietty where he voiced the role of Shô in the UK version of the film.
Otherwise, as an actor, his debut film is the disaster drama film The Impossible where he played the role of Lucas Bennett in 2012. For this role, he won the London Film Critics’ Circle Award for “Young British Performer of the Year”, Empire Award for “Best Male Newcomer”, and Young Artist Award for “Best Performance in a Feature Film – Leading Young Actor”.
First TV Show
In 2015, Holland was seen portraying the role of Gregory Cromwell in the BBC Two’s show Wolf Hall.
Tom Holland definitely works out in the gym. He has a slim build, which makes him easy to perform stunts/movements.
Tom Holland Favorite Things
- Film – Saving Private Ryan (1998)
- Screen Acting Performance – Edward Norton in Primal Fear (1996)
Source – IMDb, Mirror.co.uk
Tom Holland Facts
- Tom is an active dancer. He started learning dancing early in his age from London’s Nifty Feet Dance School.
- With his brothers, he enjoys playing football in his Arsenal kit.
- He has a blue Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Tessa.
- He is the youngest Spider-Man to be cast in the film at 19. Before him, Tobey Maguire (at 27) and Andrew Garfield (at 29) were chosen to play Spider-Man.
- He has worked with Chris Hemsworth in the 2015 film “In the Heart of the Sea.”
- On his mom’s family, he is the grandson of Christina Winifred Berry and Robert Walter Frost.
- Tom is also the first non-American actor to play the role of Spider-Man / Peter Parker.
- Actor Charlie Rowe was also a strong contender for the consideration for the role of Spider-Man. But, as we all know, the role finally went to Tom Holland.
- He met the real Lucas Bennett (around 4 or 5 times) before playing his role in the 2012 film The Impossible.
- He is a supporter of Arsenal Football Club.
- At 7, he was diagnosed with dyslexia.
- He is close friends with actor and assistant, Harrison Osterfield.
- You can see him perform backflips, side flips, and front flips. Check the above Instagram videos to get the idea.
- His dad has even written a book titled “How Tom Holland Eclipsed his Dad.”
- In February 2021, Tom made an appearance on Variety’s Awards Circuit podcast and revealed that he would like to be the next James Bond. Daniel Craig was playing James Bond at that time.
- In February 2021, during an interview with W Magazine, he revealed that his first celebrity crush was actress Emma Watson.
- Actor Mark Wahlberg wants Tom to play him in the biopic if it is ever made.
- In Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021), Tom got to share the screen with Andrew Garfield and Tobey Maguire who are known to have played the title character of Spider-Man in their respective film series.
- In December 2021, Tom and Zendaya purchased a house worth £3 million in Richmond, South West London, England. At the time, they were planning to spend £250,000 on renovation to include a gym, cinema, and man cave. Apart from this home, Tom also has a 3-bedroom flat in London, England.
- In February 2022, during an interview, Tom revealed that he secretly bartended in London while filming his film, Uncharted.